WELCOME

TO MY BLOG.

YES, I ALSO WRITE

09 December, 2013

13:37 0


I saw this editorial on ELLE Spain the other day, called Girl vs. Boy, where they would comfront both styles.
As I saw the pictures, I realized that all of the "girly" stylings included skirts and loose hair, while all of the "boyish" had the hair tied back and all of them wore pants.
I understand that there's a difference between genders, and that those clothings are the traditional for each one, but the editorial seemed to me a little cliche. With this post, I want to demonstrate that you can be perfectly femenine while wearing pants, or masculine while not wearing them. It is possible to look masculine on heels, as well as it is possible to look feminine with tied back hair. There's no need for cliches.


El otro día, mientras leía la edición española de ELLE, me llamó la atención un editorial llamado Girl vs. Boy, en el que se enfrentaban ambos estilos. 
A medida que veía las fotos, me di cuenta de que los estilos más femeninos incluían faldas y el pelo suelto, mientras que los masculinos llevaban el pelo recogido y todos incluían pantalones. 
Sí, hay una diferencia entre sexos, y esas prendas son las típicas de cada uno, pero el editorial me pareció un poco cliché. Con este post, quiero demostrar que se puede ser perfectamente femenina llevando pantalones, o masculina sin llevarlos. Es posible conseguir un look masculino con tacones, tanto como es posible conseguir uno femenino con el pelo recogido. No hay necesidad de clichés. 


Masculine styles with skirts and heels:
Estilos masculinos con faldas y tacón:




Feminine styles wearing trousers and flats:  
Estilos femeninos con pantalones y planos: 




You see? There's no need for cliche when it comes to pick an style, it's more about finding a middle ground, and adapting the clothes to the style you want to reach. 
To give you an idea, here you can find some pieces of clothing that I combined in both styles:

¿Veis? No hay necesidad de clichés cuando se trata de elegir un estilo, si no que es más sobre encontrar un punto medio, y saber adaptar las prendas al estilo que quieras obtener.
Para dar alguna idea, aquí os dejo una selección de prendas que he combinado para adaptarlas a ambos estilos:

Do you see the difference? Lingerie is one of the trends this season, and is really feminine, but if you choose the right complements, you can make it look masculine.
I would like to know what you think about this first post, so feel free to leave a comment. 
Thanks for reading, hope you liked the post!

 ¿Veis la diferencia? La lencería es una de las tendencias de esta temporada, una muy femenina, pero si se escogen los complementos adecuados puedes adaptarla al estilo masculino. 
Me gustaría saber que pensáis de este primer post, así que dejad un comentario si queréis.
Gracias por leer, ¡espero que os haya gustado!



0 comments